Are you driven by accuracy with numbers and reports? Do you enjoy interacting with all levels of an organization? Would you like to be part of a collaborative team where you are encouraged to embrace your creative genius? Then don’t pass up this opportunity to turn your skills into a rewarding career with us!
As Assistant Controller, you are responsible for managing all accounting functions of the Company, including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cost Accounting, Payroll, and General Ledger functions supporting the Company’s operations, serving as the expert in ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. This role will also manage HR and benefits administration for the organization, serving as the liaison with third party vendors and brokers, and managing tasks through various HR, payroll and benefits administration software products.
Our headquarters is in Irvine, CA. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and approved to be remote.
Raiven, Inc. is a software engineering company that developed a leading cloud-based purchasing platform to help businesses more efficiently source and procure materials. Raiven’s purchasing program provides discounts from industry-leading suppliers, while their AI-powered platform efficiently searches multiple distributors for needed products based on availability, price and company preferences. Raiven is used by hundreds of contractors, facility managers and building owners to save time and money.
- Guide Company financial decisions through development of internal control guidelines, policies, and procedures for budget accounting, general ledger, cash and credit management, administration, and other activities.
- Support management through coordinating and directing budgeting, procurement, investment activities, and financial planning.
- Create budgets and forecasts, as well as prepare and present financial reports and risk analysis for senior leadership and Company stakeholders.
- Manage administrative tasks related to benefits, payroll, and other human resources-related activities, including but not limited to onboarding and offboarding employees, benefits administration, and monitoring online training progress.
- Serve as the liaison between employees and third party broker/vendor contacts, including coordinating with outside contacts on troubleshooting third party software issues as they arise.
- 10+ years of experience in accounting.
- Prior experience in benefits administration, including coordinating with third party vendors on benefits, payroll, and human resources administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong ability to communicate financial information into sound business terminology.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Strong working knowledge of local, state, and federal regulation on taxes and reporting.
- Understanding of finance, economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Able to work accurately under pressure to meet competing deadlines, including prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills. Resourceful thinking.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Prior experience with payroll, benefits, or other HRIS software.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Compensation/Benefits: Discussion to follow
Raiven is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice