Manager, Software Engineering
Are you passionate about building software products that prompt the customer to say – "Wow! That's a total game-changer?" Do you get excited about applying technology in creative ways to accelerate product adoption? Would you like to be part of a growing company where you can influence its future direction? If so, keep reading!
As an experienced Software Engineering Manager, you will lead our growing Full-Stack Engineering team and help design and implement a modern, cloud-based product offering. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to prototype solutions quickly.
In this role, you will inspire a team of engineers by providing career guidance and technical direction to ensure high-quality and efficient solutions are developed. You are responsible for creating a culture of accountability, creativity, and innovation.
You will be a vital part of our success and work closely with Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Support teams to build a robust product roadmap.
Our headquarters is in Irvine, CA but you can work remotely.
Raiven’s cloud-based platform helps companies manage their independent contractors and gig labor as well as provides these companies and their contractors with deeply discounted prices on frequently purchased products through our procurement software. Our contractor management software is being used by Qmerit, the largest installer of home EV chargers in the U.S. to “uberize” the connection between EV buyers and certified EV charger installers throughout North America.
Our procurement technology helps companies make the best and quickest buying decisions by providing a purchasing program and technology that streamlines the shopping and buying process. First, we aggregated the purchases of building owners and contractors to use this buying power to obtain pre-negotiated discounts from industry-leading suppliers, saving our clients 7%-25% on parts, materials and business essentials. Second, we provide a digital marketplace where clients can quickly and easily make all their purchases from our suppliers. Third, our Raiven browser extension is a revolutionary new technology that’s like Honey for B2B. While employees are shopping online, when it finds an exact match or similar product at a better price, it will alert the buyer on the page they are viewing.
- Lead and motivate the Software Development team to deliver on new features, provide bug fixes, and shape platform architecture to meet the needs of the end-users
- Hire, train, mentor, and motivate engineers who are aligned with company core values and optimize overall team performance by coaching individual team members
- Establish an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity with an emphasis on building "raving fans" of the products
- Engage with the team in solving challenging problems using the best technology and product architecture
- Work collaboratively with the Product Management team to understand the current and future needs
- Partner with QA & Support leaders to ensure continuous quality and speed of delivery
Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of development projects
Ensure development sprints are planned and executed effectively to maximize quality and team velocity
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities
- Continually evaluate the existing architecture, technical landscape and provide direction to build a platform with a world-class architecture that optimizes for security, resilience, and extensibility
- Conceive team structure and continuously seek opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency
- Lead and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and third-party vendors to ensure adequate Software Delivery and Operations (SDO) performance
- Drive process change and improvement to increase development efficiency, quality, and SDO performance
- Ensure timely communication with senior management on status, risks, and strategy
Ensure effective communications across the software development team, Product Management, QA, and other stakeholders
- Stay current with new technology trends (Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Containers, AI/ML applications, etc.) and identify opportunities for innovative ideas related to technology selection and usage
Masters in computer science or a related field
7+ years of software engineering experience
3+ years of experience managing teams of at least 5-10 engineers
Proven track record in building effective teams and experience hiring and retaining software engineers and managers
Experience in partnering with product management teams
Demonstrated experience in enterprise application development in platforms
Highly experienced and competent in building cloud-native applications (Google or Azure)
Experience in implementing solution leveraging DevOps (Azure, GCP, etc.) and implementing CI/CD pipelines
Strong project management skills, with experience in an agile development environment
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Track record of launching customer-facing experiences
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS: Discussion to follow
Raiven is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice