PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
Last Updated: September 1, 2020
1. What is Raiven browser extension Browser Extension?
Raiven browser extension is an easy-to-use, powerful tool that that gives you the freedom to search on any supported e-commerce website and the Raiven browser extension alerts you when it finds an exact match or similar item with a lower total cost from one of our preferred suppliers.
2. How Does Raiven browser extension Browser Extension Work?
When shopping on a supported website, the Raiven browser extension actively looks for and surfaces best value recommendations aligned with your organization’s procurement guidelines. You will be given a visual cue, which guides you toward the best value option and a simple way to add the items to the Raiven cart and complete the purchase through a supported checkout service.
3. How You Can Access Raiven browser extension?
The company with whom you are employed may have signed an enterprise license allowing you to utilize Raiven browser extension. In that case, you are using and accessing Raiven browser extension browser extension subject to any additional terms between Raiven and your employer, who is an “Enterprise Customer.” You may have also received an invitation to use Raiven browser extension browser extension from one of the suppliers who makes their products available through Raiven browser extension browser extension. In that case, you are an individual user working under the terms of a “Partner Customer”. You may also receive an invitation to utilize Raiven browser extension browser extension directly from Raiven, in which case you are an “Individual User.”
4. Your Right to Use Raiven Browser Extension
All content made available by Raiven browser extension, along with the copyrights, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property rights in such content, are the property of Raiven, the Suppliers who make available the information about their products, and/or third-party licensors. Raiven browser extension is the subject of a patent which is currently pending issuance, and Raiven reserves all rights related thereto.
5. We Are Not Responsible for the Products You Purchase from Suppliers
Raiven browser extension is a search tool that allows you to purchase products directly from Suppliers who make their products searchable through Raiven browser extension at discounted prices. By using Raiven browser extension, we do not warrant or represent that:
- the quality or safety of any particular Product or Supplier;
- any statements made by a Supplier about their Products;
- the pricing quoted by Supplier is competitive;
- the Products are available for purchase or delivery in the manner stated by the Supplier;
- the Product is free from any defects or is safe to use;
- your access to Raiven browser extension will be free from interruptions or errors.
Raiven does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Product or Supplier, nor any of related claims, including for Content, data, advertising, products, goods or services available or unavailable from, or through any other third party.
6. We Provide Raiven browser extension “As Is,” Disclaim All Warranties and Limit Our Liability
We will endeavor to display accurately the information provided to Raiven by Suppliers to which you are subscribed and allow you to efficiently search and filter whatever data is provided by the Suppliers. Raiven Services contain open source components and you can find the license attributions at www.raiven.com/source/attributions. Raiven further warrants that it will accurately transmit the information received from you to our Suppliers regarding the Products for which you have placed orders.
EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, RAIVEN BROWSER EXTENSION AND ALL RELATELD SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF RAIVEN BROWSER EXTENSION OR THE SERVICES. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU USE RAIVEN BROWSER EXTENSION AT YOUR OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE (“RELEASED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. RAIVEN MAKES NO WARRANTY AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE SAFETY, RELIABILITY, DURABILITY OR QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED OR THE USE OF ANY SUCH PRODUCTS BY CUSTOMER, AUTHORIZED USER AND/OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, OR SERVICE TECHNICIANS. ALL PRODUCTS PURCHASED THROUGH THE RAIVEN BROWSER EXTENSION ARE PURCHASED AS-IS FROM THE ACTUAL MANUFACTURER OF THE PRODUCT, AND RAIVEN SHALL NOT BE LIABILE FOR ANY DEFECT WITH RESPECT TO MANUFACTURE OR DESIGN OF THE PRODUCT. AUTHORIZED USERS SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING ANY SELECTION OR DECISIONS REGARDING WHICH PRODUCT(S) TO PURCHASE BASED ON THEIR OWN INDEPENDENT RESEARCH AND EVALUATION. PRODUCTS RECOMMENDED BY THE PLATFORM RELATE ONLY TO PRICE AND AVAILABILITY OF THE PRODUCT AND ARE NOT MEANT AS A RECOMMENDATION THAT A PRODUCT FITS THE REQUIREMENTS OF AUTHORIZED USER, NOR IS IT A RECOMMENDATION THAT A PRODUCT SHOULD BE UTILIZED FOR ANY PURPOSE. RAIVEN ADDITIONALLY DISCLAIMS ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RELATED TO (A) ANY DELAY; (B) FAILURE OF ANY DELIVERY OR A PRODUCT; (C) PERSONAL INJURY OR PRODUCT LIABILITY RELATED TO ANY PRODUCT; (D) CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF PROFIT ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF YOUR PROPERTY, OR ANY SYSTEM, OR THE INABILITY TO USE RAIVEN BROWSER EXTENSION OR THE SERVICES; (E) COSTS OF ANY EQUIPMENT DAMAGED BY A PRODUCT; (F) THE REPRESENTATION OR STATEMENTS MADE BY ANY SUPPLIER, WHETHER INTENTIONAL, NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE; OR (G) ADHERANCE OR LACK OF ADHERANCE WITH ANY BUILDING CODES OR OTHER LAWS GOVERNING THE PRODUCTS, EVEN IF ONE OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF YOUR DAMAGES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR CRIMINAL, TORTUOUS, OR NEGLIGENT ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY USER, INCLUDING SUPPLIERS OR ARISING FROM THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL. IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR PROGRAM SPONSORS (“RELEASED PARTIES”) BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY NEGLIGENT, TORTUOUS OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF SUPPLIERS OR THEIR PRODUCTS.
IN ALL EVENTS, YOU WAIVE THE RIGHT TO BRING OR ASSERT ANY CLAIM AGAINST ANY RELEASED PARTY RELATING TO ANY INTERACTIONS OR DEALINGS WITH ANY SUPPLIER AND ITS PRODUCTS, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE ALL RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR OR RELATING TO ANY INTERACTIONS, DEALINGS OR PURCHASES WITH SUPPLIERS AND THEIR PRODUCTS.
7. About the Information You Provide
With regard to any content you input into Raiven browser extension in order to make use of its functions (“User Data”), you agree that:
- you grant to us a royalty free, limited (during the Term) worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, merge, publicly display, create derivative works from, and incorporate into other works any User Data, and further acknowledge that we may retain this information in archival backups after the Term expires;
- you own or have secured all legal rights and consents necessary for the User Data;
- if these features are enabled, you are solely responsible for your reviews and ratings, and that all of your reviews and ratings are based upon your actual first-hand experiences with the Products or Suppliers you are reviewing or;
- if these features are enabled, all of your reviews and ratings of the Products or Suppliers that you are rating will be accurate, honest, truthful, and complete in all respects;
- you will not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other content that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law;
- we may, in our sole discretion, determine whether any User Data complies with the Code of Conduct set forth below, and determine whether to remove or not to remove reviews and ratings once published in accordance with such Code of Conduct.
8. What Data Raiven Collects
As part of the normal operation and support of the Services, Raiven collects on an anonymous basis the following information about websites a User views where the Services may have relevant product or service recommendations. Raiven also tracks information regarding product queries, spending behavior and other statistics regarding purchases, uses and distribution of the products. With regard to specific queries, Raiven collects and process the URL, page metadata, and any page content of the retail website the user is visiting to find a comparable Raiven Supplier product or service, along with general information about your browser and OS. The page content may include, but not limited to, supplier part number, product description, product specification, unit of measurement, product image, price, and quantity. This information is used to operate, provide, and improve recommendations made by the Services. Raiven collects this information through tracking and other technologies that gather usage statistics about effectiveness of the Services for the purpose of improving the experience for both Customers and Suppliers. When Customer’s Users interact with the Services, Raiven connects this information with a Raiven account, including the name, email address, password, user preferences, and other account information, to personalize that specific profile. Raiven does not have access to payment information stored in the sites visit by such users. In situations where the Services is used via a mobile device, Raiven has access to the type of device being used, the device’s unique IDs (where available), the operating system, the browser type, IP address, and error logs.
9. How Raiven Uses and Shares Data
Raiven uses the data collected only in an aggregate, anonymized form for one or more of the following purposes: (A) to improve the accuracy of the recommendation engine and other product features (B) share deidentified, aggregated information with our Suppliers to improve recommendations and to offer Customer new products and services; (C) share with authorized personnel identified by Customer the Customer’s data regarding use of the Services by Authorized Users for purposes of determining whether Customer’s purchasing objectives are being met. Data shared with Suppliers may include the percentage of instances in which the Services surfaced Supplier alternatives as a percentage of total searches conducted across MRO sites, the percentage of Services-initiated clicks (i.e., on the “Add to Cart”, “Product Info”, or applicable good match icons) related to a particular Supplier, the frequency of search on MRO sites relative to Supplier searches, Customer manufacturer preferences derived from search and purchasing behavior, market information to assist in Supplier competitiveness by category and product. Customer confirms that it has the authority to consent, and hereby consents, to allow Raiven to process the collected information for the purpose stated above.
10. Code of Conduct
With regard to your use of Raiven browser extension, you agree not to:
- use Raiven browser extension in any manner that violates any relevant law or that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party's rights, including, but not limited to, transmitting any User Data that may infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party's rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights;
- harass, threaten, intimidate, impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person, falsify your contact or other information, misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a review or rating;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to Raiven browser extension, other user accounts, or other computer systems or networks connected to the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to hacking, password 'mining' or any other illegitimate or unauthorized means, including attempting to obtain password, account, or any other personal or private information from any other user;
- transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancelbots or other computer programming routines; or
11. We Do Not Have Responsibility for Links to Third Party Content
We may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other sites maintained by third parties or may provide third party content on our website by framing or other methods. The links to third party sites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked sites is not under our control so we are not responsible for the content, including any further links in a third party site. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to our website, you do this entirely at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that the third party you link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature. We reserve the right to terminate a link to a third party site at any time. The fact that we provide a link to a third party site does not mean that we endorse, authorize or sponsor that site. It also does not mean that we are affiliated with the third party site’s owners or sponsors. If a third party links to our site, it is not necessarily an indication of an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, affiliation, joint venture or partnership by or with us. In most cases, we are not aware that a third party has linked to our site.
12. Raiven Trademarks and Service Marks
The trademark, service marks and logos of Raiven, along with those of our affiliates and Program Sponsors, which are used and displayed through Raiven browser extension are our registered and unregistered trademarks, or those of our affiliates and Suppliers. Use of Raiven browser extension should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of these trademarks without our written permission. Requests to use trademarks owned by other companies which may have their Products available through Raiven browser extension should be directed to such other companies. We aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights. The name of Raiven, our logo or any of the trademarks or service marks of our affiliates and Suppliers may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of Products, without prior written permission.
13. You Agree to Indemnify Us for Using Raiven browser extension
14. How This Agreement May Be Terminated
15. Notices May Be Provided Electronically
16. Applicable Law