.NET Backend Engineer
Are you passionate about building software products that prompt the customer to say – "Wow! That's a total game-changer?" Do you get excited about applying technology in creative ways to accelerate product adoption? Would you like to be part of a growing company where you can influence its future direction? If so, keep reading!
As a .NET Backend Engineer, you will focus your efforts on working with your team to build and maintain our revolutionary scalable technology platform. A successful .NET Backend Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and design skills, to understand business requirements, work with the team to develop a technical solution strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our business requirements and provide business value. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to drive results quickly.
Our headquarters is in Irvine, CA, but you may work remotely. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Raiven’s cloud-based platform helps companies manage their independent contractors and gig labor as well as provides these companies and their contractors with deeply discounted prices on frequently purchased products through our procurement software. Our contractor management software is being used by Qmerit, the largest installer of home EV chargers in the U.S. to “uberize” the connection between EV buyers and certified EV charger installers throughout North America.
Our procurement technology helps companies make the best and quickest buying decisions by providing a purchasing program and technology that streamlines the shopping and buying process. First, we aggregate the purchases of building owners and contractors and leverage this buying power to obtain pre-negotiated discounts from industry-leading suppliers. This strategic start saves our clients up to 25% on parts, materials and business essentials. Next, we provide a digital marketplace where clients can quickly and easily make all their purchases from our suppliers. Finally, our Raiven browser extension is a revolutionary new technology for B2B that works similar to Honey - when businesses shop online, Raiven finds an exact match or similar product at a better price and immediately alerts the buyer in real time to select instead.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages, with a “security first” mindset
- Develop technical interfaces, specifications, and architecture.
- Create and test software prototypes for both existing and new code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Develop architectural diagrams for use in communicating with all stakeholders and teammates for more efficient decision-making.
- Maintain knowledge of advancements and changes in technology and propose adoption strategies on how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business value, including best practices for coding mobile apps.
- Collaborate with software professionals, serving as a key member of the team to handle project-related work and other requirements.
- 5 years of software development experience using C# .NET; experience with C#, SQL Programming languages in a Cloud-native environment
- Familiarity with the .NET Core framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC, DDD); micro-services architecture
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge in SOC or PCI compliance preferred
- Frameworks: .Net Core/5/6, .Net WebApi
- Node.js, React experience a plus
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with and understanding of Agile methodologies
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering discipline preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and drive positive outcomes in cross-functional teams, with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-directed; highly motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
Raiven is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities, that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.