Quality Assurance Lead, Software Engineering
Are you passionate about building software products that prompt the customer to say – "Wow! That's a total game-changer?" Do you get excited about applying technology in creative ways to accelerate product adoption? Would you like to be part of a growing company where you can influence its future direction? If so, keep reading!
As a Quality Assurance Lead, you will focus your efforts on one of the two product lines. Our Electric Vehicle (EV) team focuses on building and maintaining a revolutionary "uber-like" platform in support of our sister company Qmerit (www.qmerit.com). Our procurement team builds and maintains a game-changing technology platform our electrical contractors use to buy materials. We are now entering a rapid growth phase for both of our offerings. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious and creative problem solver with the ability to drive results quickly.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with a team of software engineers, QA professionals, Designers, and Product Owners to ensure high-quality and on-time delivery of products. You will be a vital part of our success.
Our headquarters is in Irvine, CA, but you may work remotely.
Raiven’s cloud-based platform helps companies manage their independent contractors and gig labor as well as provides these companies and their contractors with deeply discounted prices on frequently purchased products through our procurement software. Our contractor management software is being used by Qmerit, the largest installer of home EV chargers in the U.S. to “uberize” the connection between EV buyers and certified EV charger installers throughout North America.
Our procurement technology helps companies make the best and quickest buying decisions by providing a purchasing program and technology that streamlines the shopping and buying process. First, we aggregated the purchases of building owners and contractors to use this buying power to obtain pre-negotiated discounts from industry-leading suppliers, saving our clients 7%-25% on parts, materials and business essentials. Second, we provide a digital marketplace where clients can quickly and easily make all their purchases from our suppliers. Third, our Raiven browser extension is a revolutionary new technology that’s like Honey for B2B. While employees are shopping online, when it finds an exact match or similar product at a better price, it will alert the buyer on the page they are viewing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Learn everything about how the customer uses the product, understand product’s design, and overall think like a customer
- Translate business requirements into functional and technical test cases for thorough coverage of features
- Build automated test cases, regression testing and acceptance criteria
- Create and execute detailed test cases that clearly articulate steps and expected results and meet test objectives
- Design, develop and enhance/maintain the QA automation framework and tests using Java and Selenium WebDriver
- Assist development teams in troubleshooting complex technical or end user scenarios
- Design, develop and enhance/maintain the continuous integration scripts
- Design, develop and enhance/maintain the QA API automation framework
- Identify and address relevant edge-case scenarios and ensure each is handled properly
- Generate test data to validate the critical requirements and business rules of the application under test to expose defects
- Ensure defect tracking data is properly maintained and produce reports related to team activity and goals
- Develop SQL statements to validate test data
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving ability
Demonstrated good judgment skills while reporting and prioritizing software bugs
Ability to think about end user issues clearly and communicate them well to all parties of the Agile team
Experience testing in CI/CD environment
Time management skills with emphasis on prioritization and multi-tasking
Solid experience in working as part of an Agile team
Strong working knowledge of defect tracking, test case and requirements management software
Deep understanding of testing principles, concepts, patterns and best practices
BS in Computer Science, Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
7+ years of Quality Assurance / Testing and QA project coordination experience in a fast-paced environment
5+ years of experience in Java or any other programming language
5+ years of experience with any automation tool
Experience with SoapUI or similar software suite, Microsoft TFS and TestLink is a plus
Experience with Rest-Assured, TestNG and Spring Framework is a plus