At Raiven, a Software Architect will help lead the development, design, implementation, and support of complex scalable systems. A successful Software Architect must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and design skills, to understand business requirements, develop a technical solution strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our business requirements and provide business value. You will be responsible for evaluating business needs and requirements through strategic discovery, utilizing technical thought leadership, discussing industry best practices, and presenting our solution options to product and business leadership based on specific business requirements, as well as recommending and proposing solutions to our internal partners with a goal to become a trusted advisor by highlighting how our products and solutions enable our digital business strategies. While working with support teams you will help diagnose issues and provide solutions that are right sized for the urgency and severity of the situation.
This is a full-time remote opportunity.
Raiven, headquartered in Irvine, CA, has developed a cloud-based platform that helps companies manage their independent contractors and gig labor as well as provides these companies and their contractors with deeply discounted prices on frequently purchased products through our procurement software. Our contractor management software is being used by Qmerit, the largest installer of home EV chargers in the U.S. to “uberize” the connection between EV buyers and certified EV charger installers throughout North America.
Our procurement technology helps companies make the best and quickest buying decisions by providing a purchasing program and technology that streamlines the shopping and buying process. First, we aggregated the purchases of building owners and contractors to use this buying power to obtain pre-negotiated discounts from industry-leading suppliers, saving our clients 7%-25% on parts, materials, and business essentials. Second, we provide a digital marketplace where clients can quickly and easily make all their purchases from our suppliers. Third, our Raiven browser extension is a revolutionary new technology that is like Honey for B2B. While employees are shopping online, when it finds an exact match or similar product at a better price, it will alert the buyer on the page they are viewing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead complex solution design initiatives to satisfy a wide range of business needs for internal business areas and external customers.
- Design cloud-based solutions often encompassing diverse technologies and a high degree of integration to provide holistic, end to end solutions.
- Lead Software Engineers and technical staff in developing and advocating for best practices and standards in the areas of technology and security.
- Establish and champion technology direction, with focus on adoption of new technologies to meet evolving business needs.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure alignment of the overall technology direction across software delivery, technical support, infrastructure, corporate security, and risk management.
- Pay close attention to the application performance and quality and champion appropriate architectural updates to improve the platform.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance and Technical Support teams to understand the real-world implications of the architecture and improve them in alignment with business needs.
- Relentless passion for understanding the users of the system and using it to calibrate architectural decisions.
- Develop architectural diagrams and use them to communicate with all stakeholders and teammates for better, faster decision making.
- Maintain knowledge of advancements and changes in technology and propose adoption strategies on how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business value.
- In-depth expertise in the application architecture discipline.
- Ability to define and lead enterprise level architecture direction in collaboration with business strategy, corporate security, infrastructure, and application delivery teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to communicate technical concepts and strategies at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to match the communication style to the target audience to create better alignment.
- Business acumen in proposing feasible business solutions.
- Ability to comprehend new technologies and related business value, coupled with the ability to establish a vision and plan for the adoption of new technology.
- In-depth knowledge of the full software development lifecycle; with specific experience pertinent to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Strong relational database knowledge accompanied by an understanding of new and emerging database structures and methods.
- Ability to coach and mentor software engineers.
- Ability to collaborate and drive positive outcomes in cross-functional teams
- Self-directed; highly motivated with the ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Knowledge in the area of SOC compliance preferred.
- Frameworks: Node.js, React, .Net 5.0
- Micro-services Architecture
- Docker and Container related technologies
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud native solution design, development, and implementation